Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lawyers

Lawyers have been around for a long time. Also people from the 1800’s might think the same thing about lawyers as someone from this century and that is that they’re crooks
Personally I haven’t had any experiences with lawyers but since I’m still young I probably will need one in the future. Lately though I have not heard anything good about them. Some things I’ve heard are that they’re too pricey; they will try to outsmart you, basically that they’ll do anything to get your money. But being around for a long time also says something and that is that we need them. If we didn’t need them than being a lawyer would’ve been a dead profession years ago.
In reality you don’t really need a lawyer. But ask yourself this; are you willing to study pages and pages of the law to get out of a speeding ticket? Do you really have the time to do all of that? I don’t. But then again is it really worth it paying so much for something that could’ve been easily avoided and isn’t as much as the lawyer. Maybe it’d be cheaper to pay the lawyer than study some books that you might have to buy that will add up to a whole lot more than a lawyer.
Then again I have no personal experience with lawyers and all I know about lawyers I know from movies and the media, both not very good sources. So here is some advice from someone with no experience with lawyers, next time you wonder if you should step on the gas on a yellow light, don’t do it there might be a cop nearby waiting for someone to make a mistake.

1 comment:

  1. Comment on Lawyers...

    I like how you suggest that although a lawyer is a respected profession, they are looked at as money hungry people who take advantage of others in need of their help. The real point I think is that even thought we don't like lawyers, we like jail or punishments even less. And if the one person who can see to it we are not punished unfairly or even punished at all happens to be a lawyer then so be it, then we like lawyers. Finally I think the real cost here is freedom and the price people are willing to pay for it is infinite. After all something is only worth what someone will pay for it!

    ReplyDelete